My *nature*al trail...

You're here in the wilderness, surrouded by all kinds of stuff... Walk around and enjoy youurself..!:) P.S: Hey, forgive for my domain..:(. I know it's bad.., but created it when i was too young to understand its meaning!:(

Tree#3: Revaluation or Currency collection??

Monday morning , my dad woke me up, forcing a newspaper into my hands and pointing an article. It was titled, “Revaluation procedures”.  I sighed and went about reading it. Now what exactly does “revaluation” mean?   A students goes about for re totaling or revaluation when he/she is not satisfied with  his/her  marks secured in their board- exams and are sure that they deserve more. In our system of education, we don’t get to see our answer scripts, instead we receive only the marks we scored . So, for applying for the above-mentioned-r’s , there is a procedure.

 And bet you, this is not a simple task as you might think.  The steps proceed this way.

-First and Foremost, you need to get a demand-draft of about Rs.275/- for each subject, which you think you might deserve more.

- After getting the demand draft, you’ve to write in few basic particulars at the back of the DD.

-Next, you’ve to head to the nearest education department and give your DD in exchange of which you get back a form. This is the application form for getting your Xeroxed  copies of  the answer scripts.

-Then, you need to fill in these forms and return as soon as you can.

-You need to wait for 2 to 3 days till you get your fake(Xeroxed) answer-scripts by post.

- You check your paper and see whether any mistakes  are committed  by the examiner either in correction( such as leaving out an answer or giving less marks for a deserving answer) or totaling.

- When you figure out what’s wrong in the correction, you go in for either re totaling or revaluation.

- Revaluation costs about Rs. 505/- For each subject and re totaling about Rs. 205/- again.

-Again, well..you need to fill in forms and wait and stuff.

Whew!! Such complications. Well, expecting about 100 students, I headed to the Directorate of examinations after getting my DD. You would not believe me if I said I met about 1000s of students, all busy, filling in forms, asking doubts, jostling each other in the crowds, waiting untiringly in the hot sun.  I got to see at least 10 people from my school. And we had to wait in a very long queue for getting the form first and then a longer queue for submitting the forms again. I had to submit today itself so as to get my answer scripts soon. Seeing all these, I wondered. 

 About 1000 people were around me. And everyone were applying minimum for 2 subjects.  Just imagine, if everyone payed at least Rs.550/-, how much money would the directorate gain this way. And this is just for getting Xeroxed answer scripts. And the revaluation steps still remain. People don’t  seem to care about money. Money is nothing compared to marks. All that matters is finding a way to gain 1 or 2 or god- knows -how -many -marks. Using  this as an Achilles' heel  in the parents, they take advantage from them. I just cant get it. Why the hell should we pay to get back our scripts? Well, if it is for the  Xeroxing, I don’t think it can go more than Rs.50/-. And Why the hell should we PAY for a *silly* lack-of-concentration done by the examiner while correcting our paper?? Of course, my previous sentence, includes papers which *really* has corrections. AT least, they must do this way. If there is *really* a mistake in the correction, they must pay the money back. We’re not responsible for their mistake. They must in fact get the money from the teacher who corrected it.

Rich parents and middle class families don’t mind spending. But, it really is an unworthy amount for people from poor backgrounds. What are they thinking?? Why are we keeping our mouths zipped about this??

Damn...I'm still wondering!!!!!

1 did this to the tree!!:

hm.. revaluation - yeah, it was a hot favorite among my friends during PUC and BSC days. For us, we just had to go to the state bank, fill a form, remit cash, take recipt and then pin it to a form and gave it to university center. It was way too easy but we never had a chance to see our answer papers again.

For my BSC final, i did write physical chemistry very well, but I got only around 20 marks. I was not bothered since I was not going to do my MSc, but my class sir was hell bent on giving the paper to revaluation. HE said if I didn't give it, he will give the paper for revaluation. I gave and the application for revaluation and then I promptly forgot about it. I went ahead and joined for my MCA and after few months, the revaluation result came and I got about 30 marks increment. but being the lazy bum I am, I never went to university with my old mark list to get the new marks entered since I was already away from chemistry stream..... :)